A little glimpse of Heaven

Recently I had a most remarkable experience.  Our church, Nyangere PEFA Church, was blessed to be able to host the regional PEFA youth convention.  This meant that churches from 40 districts in the region of South Mahuru gathered together for a week long praise and worship celebration.  We had close to 3000 people in attendance.  There were so many people that everyone would not fit in the church and we had to move the service outside on the lawn at night. 

It was a wonderful time of fellowship and sharing with one another.  We worshipped and praised the Lord in song and dance. We had choirs from many different churches come and lead the people in worship.  We had many preachers come and share from God’s word instructing the people. 
It was very crowded on the church lawn at night.  There were so many people that everyone was standing side by side with just enough room on either side to clap along with the music.  As the praise grew louder and louder, people were coming from all over to join in.  The music called the people into the church yard.

As I was standing in the midst of the celebration, God spoke to me. He told me to look around.  I saw many types of people.  I saw young & old.  I saw very poor and not so poor.  I saw men & women.  I saw Kenyans & Americans all coming together to praise the Lord.
The Lord spoke to me again and said this is a glimpse of what it will be like in Heaven.  All kinds of people young and old from all over the earth standing side by side worshipping me.  This is what life is about, this is what’s important.


Chills went down me when I heard this.  I smiled and started singing louder. What a great night! 



Comments

Popular Posts