From Ashes to Beauty

To my readers:  Tracy asked if she could write a blog for my site.  I said yes of course as she is a wonderful writer.  I hope you enjoy this story from Tracy.


The following is a story told to me by one of our faithful watchman. His name is John and he loves Jesus with all his heart. While talking one day, we discovered we are age mates- both born in the same month and year.  As we continued to chat while we were both sweeping outside, I came to find out that his wife was pregnant and due quite soon. When I asked how many children he had he paused for a moment then proceeded to share his story.
            He and his first wife were blessed with a daughter and two sons. One day when his daughter and elder son were on their way to school, they met an elderly woman on the road, who gave them a mandazi (donut like pastry). John continued to share that by 9:30 that morning both kids came home quite sick from school so he rushed them to the hospital. The doctors treated them, but they both died by noon. (They believe the old mama poisoned them or it had something to do with witchcraft.) When John’s wife arrived at the hospital and received the news that her two oldest children had passed away, she also died that day from a broken heart.
           I couldn't believe my ears; here in front of me was a man who lost his wife and two kids in the same day. That would have been enough to throw anyone into a deep depression, but he held on to Jesus and has come through to the other side.  Now, many years later, he has a son from his first wife and has since remarried and been blessed with eleven- and eight-years-old daughters, in addition to their third daughter, born on June 11th. The best part was they named her Tracy. I am totally amazed at how Jesus brought John out of the ashes, and gave him something beautiful to keep a smile on his face.

     

Comments

Popular Posts